Monday 13 May 2013

One of my Sunday procrasti-(pseudo)baking sessions. A classic fruit tart that is so deceptively  impressive. My girl Nigella aka THE Goddess introduced me to this no-cooking required beauty and it has quickly made it to my arsenal of fail safe recipes.

Ingredients:
375 g digestive biscuits
75g softened unsalted butter
400g cream cheese, at room temperature
240g ready-made lemon curd, at room temperature.
Around 300 g of mixed berries. I used raspberries, blackberries, strawberries (halved) and blueberries, but redcurrants and pomegranate seeds could be beautiful additions.

Method:
1. "Process the biscuits and the butter to a sandy rubble in a food processor, then press the mixture into the sides and bottom of the tart tin. Place in the freezer (or fridge if that is not possible) for about 10–15 minutes." - I don't readily have access to a food processor, so getting messy with my hands is equally as effective.
2. Mix the cream cheese and lemon curd and spread it into the bottom of the chilled tart tin, covering the base of the tart evenly.
3. Arrange all of the fruit gently (so that it doesn’t sink into the filling too much) on top of the lemony cream cheese in a decorative manner.
4. Place the tart in the freezer for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight in the fridge. It does need to get properly cold in order to set enough for the tart to be unsprung and sliced easily.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My name is Cassie and I am a student currently on exchange in Manchester, UK from Canberra, Australia. This blog is a space for inspiration, the nicest things to me. Very, very amateur. Be kind.
Powered by Blogger.